FAME at the AMEA Conference
Open to High School Juniors and Seniors
Saturday, January 23, 2021
9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Deadline is January 22, 2021
Future Alabama Music Educators (FAME) is a one-day seminar sponsored by the Alabama Music Educators Association and held in conjunction with the January AMEA Professional Development Conference.
This seminar is for 11th and 12th grade high school students who have an interest in pursuing a career in music education to meet and interact with current music educators.
Did you know that participation in FAME makes you eligible to win the Eleanor Nation FAME Scholarship of $1000 from the AMEA? Learn more.
Register for FAME
Learn about the Eleanor Nation FAME Scholarship
The AMEA believes in the importance of developing outstanding future music educators in Alabama. The Eleanor Nation FAME Scholarship – with an award of $1,000 from the AMEA – recognizes upcoming music educators who set high standards for themselves and offer inspiration and direction for others. Scholarship recipients are chosen based on academic and musical achievements, essay content, and strength of recommendations. The winning applicant’s essay is published in the AMEA magazine, the Ala Breve. Nominations are accepted up to July 15 each year.”
Mail application and supporting materials to:
AMEA Executive Director
1600 Manor Drive NE
Cullman, AL 35055
- The applicant must intend to register as a full-time music education major at an Alabama university in the following fall.
- The applicant must have attended FAME (Future Alabama Music Educators) at an AMEA Professional Development Conference.
- The applicant’s current music teacher must be an AMEA member.
Nominations should be accompanied by the following:
- An essay of no more than 1200 words based upon the following questions: What are the factors that influenced you to become a music educator? Why should all students have access to music education?
- A sealed, official high school transcript.
- At least three letters of recommendation. One must be from a current music teacher and the others can be from anyappropriate source, including a classroom teacher or guidance counselor.
- Application is due by May 31. The AMEA Governing Board will make a decision at the June meeting. Notifications will be made in early July.
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient’s university before the fall semester.
- Award will be presented at the AMEA Professional Development Conference and the recipient will present their experience at FAME.