Present a Research Poster
Call for Research Posters
The Alabama Music Educators Association, Higher Education Division invites research poster submissions from all levels of music scholars and practitioners.
- Submissions may include completed and in-progress research studies involving any aspect of music (education, therapy, history, psychology, performance, music in higher education, alternative music, etc.).
- Research based on issues facing music educators, musicians, and music students in the Southeastern United States are especially welcome, though this is not a requirement.
- All submissions should meet the Code of Ethics found in the Journal of Research in Music Education.
- Research presented at other conferences will be considered. However, previously published work will not be accepted.
- Interested researchers should submit a detailed abstract of the research project (up to 1000 words) as a Word or PDF document through our online submission website.
- Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, November 2, 2020 for full consideration.
- All submissions will be peer reviewed and authors will be notified of acceptance by email during the week of Monday, December 1, 2020.
- If accepted, authors must register and attend the AMEA conference to present the poster. In the case of multiple-author works, at least one author must register and attend the AMEA Conference to present the poster.
- UPDATED: The poster session will be held as a synchronous online lightning round session. Accepted researchers will present a 5-7 minute quick presentation about their research. PowerPoint slides should be sent to the Research Chair no later than 1 week prior to the conference. A virtual research poster website may be created to share ePosters.
- Time and Day for the session is scheduled for Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 12 p.m. (central time).
- More Information, contact Dr. Jane Kuehne at Auburn University by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.