- Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- General Music, Other, Vocal
- Posted On:
- July 6, 2018
DescriptionPreferred qualities and attributes include:
- A commitment to accelerating student achievement.
- A desire to eliminate racial disparities.
- The ability to create a positive school and district culture.
- The willingness to foster and promote innovation.
- The ability to be a culturally-responsive educator who knows how to leverage students\' unique skills, interests, and learning styles to create a learning experience that unequivocally includes and empowers each and every student.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and energy in making a difference in the lives of students.
- Proven ability to empathize with students and prepare them to achieve academic excellence and strength of character so they have the opportunity to succeed in all aspects of life.
1. Develop and submit lesson plans in the approved format to the Principal. Collaboration with other teachers is encouraged.
2. Implement rigorous curriculum content to students .
3. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students\' varying learning styles, needs and interest.
4. Ensure students are demonstrating knowledge and skills through projects and activities.
5. Manage a wide array of student needs and behaviors in the classroom and throughout the school.
6. Provides a safe environment for students.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records of student attendance and grades in a timely and confidential manner.
8. Develop and administer formal and informal student assessments in order to evaluate students\' progress.
9. Collaborate with parents, staff, and outside professionals concerning students\' progress.
10. Supervise students during fire drills.
11. Follow school procedures pertaining to duty assignments such as lunch, hall, recess, and homeroom.
12. Actively participate in team, faculty and parent meetings, workshops, in-service professional development, and other responsibilities as they arise.
13. Oversees and provides direction to paraprofessionals.
14. Sponsor and monitor extra-curricular choral and music events and activities.
15. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with building and district staff.
16. Performs additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
A Bachelor's degree and Pennsylvania State Teaching Certification in Music/Band.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To become a PPS teacher, you must first complete a \"Standard: Certified\" application in the District\'s online application system. (www.pps.k12.pa.us/careers) This application will be screened in order to determine if you will be placed on the eligible list. Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) is required by the Pennsylvania School Code to use an eligible list to determine which candidates can be considered for hire. For more information, please see the Eligible List FAQ on the district website.
A complete teacher application requires:
- An updated resume, reflective of your education and employment experience, including community involvement and leadership roles.
- Writing samples (responses to three brief essay prompts)
- References (submission and return of three electronic references)
- Selection of your certification type and content area
Contact Dr. K. Cruz, firstname.lastname@example.org Senior Program Officer, Arts Education