- This event has passed.
Application Deadline: 2019 Alabama Bicentennial Performance Opportunities!
November 1, 2018
Perform in the Rotunda of the Alabama State Capitol Building during the 2019 Legislative Session
A collaborative project of the Alabama State Department of Education, the Alabama Music Educators Association, and the Alabama Institute for Education in the Arts, in support of the Alabama Bicentennial Celebration
- This performance opportunity is for public schools only.
- Performances will be in the Alabama State Capitol Rotunda. Space is limited. Ensembles should be no larger than 20-25 students.
- Recommended performance groups include small brass, woodwind, string, vocal, or guitar groups, such as trios, quartets, quintets, or small choirs.
- Each ensemble should plan for a 20 minute performance, with at least one selection related to the state of Alabama.
- Electricity or amplification may not be used. Chairs or music stands will not be provided. Groups may bring their own stands and chairs if necessary. A piano will not be provided.
- Performances will take place on Thursdays of February and March during the 2019 Legislative Session. Groups will arrive by 11:00 AM at the Gordon Persons Building, warm-up, then proceed one block to the Capitol and perform at 12:00 PM.
- Performing schools will be reimbursed for a substitute teacher, bus driver, and mileage.
- The deadline to apply is November 1, 2018. Notification of acceptance/rejection will go out November 15, 2018.