Perform with a Lobby Group
Teachers are encouraged to submit applications for small ensembles to perform in the lobby, in an informal setting, at the annual AMEA Professional Development Conference. Submissions EXTENDED DEADLINE TO NOVEMBER 1. Teachers will be notified by NOVEMBER 15.
- Applications must be submitted by a member in good standing of NAfME/AMEA.
- Lobby groups must use no amplification.
- Percussion ensembles and jazz bands will not be considered.
- Chairs and music stands will be provided. However, no other equipment will be provided. A piano will not be provided.
- Submission of an application assumes acceptance of the scheduled day and time.
- Individual requests for specific days or times cannot be granted.
- Lobby performances are not considered in lieu of stage performances. Larger ensembles (bands, choirs, orchestras, etc.) should apply to perform on the stage.
- Recommended lobby groups: small brass, woodwind, string, vocal, or guitar groups, such as trios, quartets, or quintets
Present a Research Poster
- The Alabama Music Educators Association, Higher Education Division invites research poster submissions from all levels of music scholars and practitioners. Submissions may include completed and in-progress research studies involving any aspect of music (education, therapy, history, psychology, performance, music in higher education, alternative music, etc.). Research based on issues facing music educators, musicians, and music students in the Southeastern United States are especially welcome, though this is not a requirement.
- All submissions should meet the Code of Ethics found in the Journal of Research in Music Education.
- Research presented at other conferences will be considered. However, previously published work will not be accepted.
- Interested researchers should submit a detailed abstract of the research project (up to 1000 words) as a Word or PDF document through our online submission website.
- Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, November 4, 2019 for full consideration.
- All submissions will be peer reviewed and authors will be notified of acceptance by email during the week beginning Monday, December 2, 2019. If accepted, authors must register and attend the AMEA conference to present the poster. In the case of multiple-author works, at least one author must register and attend the AMEA Conference to present the poster.
- Posters should be professional in appearance and have poster dimensions of dimensions no larger than 36 inches by 48 inches. Presenters are expected to bring 15-20 copies of their research abstract to the session.
- The poster session will be held Friday, January 17, 2019, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the exhibit hall lobby.
- More Information, contact Dr. Jane Kuehne at Auburn University by email at email@example.com.